Bodhi Program is on hold and is being redesigned
The Bodhi program introduces participants to the four Ngöndro practices of Vajrayana (Tibetan) Buddhism, and provides expert guidance and support for completing the practices. The Ngondro practices are a study and practice program in themselves, and, as Tibetan Buddhism provides a structured, progressive appoach to developing and revealing our awakened nature, are also a primary requirement for moving into the advanced practices of the Shangpa lineage.
These profoundly transformative Ngondro practices support practitioners to:
- liberate confused habitual patterns and karma;
- work with the mind, speech, psyche, and body to open spiritually in various ways, and
- flush psychological and ego issues to the surface for release.
As the layers of illusion are peeled away, we begin to feel the awakened nature at the core of who we truly are. Compassion and wisdom arise spontaneously as that which fetters them unwinds. Throughout this process of transformation, we learn to increasingly rest in and “enjoy the view” of our direct experience. We begin to differentiate illusions from genuine reality, constructions from truth.
The Bodhi program requires a having a strong foundation in Buddhist principles, teachings and practice, which are taught in the ongoing Dharma Training Program.
For those interested in joining the next Bodhi Program, it is recommended that, in preparation, you participate in the ongoing Dharma Training Program to help ensure you have the needed background.
The Ngondro practices are composed of four parts:
- Refuge and the development of bodhicitta (unbounded compassion) together are the first.
- Then we engage with Vajrasattva, which is a psychologically and spiritually sophisticated purification practice.
- Third is Mandala practice, which entails offering the entire universe, including oneself, to awakening.
- The last is a Guru Yoga practice to usher in the blessings and transmission of the lineage. The Ngondro practices are profoundly transforming practices which
The program will also include Mahayana level Bodhisattva training and practices, foundational Buddhist topics of Vajrayana, and Mahamudra training and practice. Together the teachings and practices are designed to reach and transform many levels of our psycho-spiritual system.
The Bodhi program has a one-year commitment and is designed as an ongoing stream where students can renew their commitment each year, and new students can join. It generally takes a minimum of three years to complete the ngondro practices in full, but there are many options for doing ngondro, and completion is not a requirement of the program.
The program structure is being redesigned.
Participation in an in depth program such as this includes commitment of time, financial resources, and most importantly, one’s dedication to practice and awakening. Although the commitment is considerable, the benefit to one’s growth and awakening is immeasurable.
This program offers its participants:
- Instruction and support for doing the Preliminary Practices (Ngöndro)
- In-depth study of more advanced Buddhist teachings through a structured curriculum
- Study and practice with a supportive cohort
- Instruction and mentoring from a qualified teacher – Students practice at their own pace in regular consultation with their teacher. The practices are individualized through regular contact with the teacher.
- Empowerments appropriate to the Bodhi level of practice
- Ability to receive advanced teachings which require completion of the ngondro. At Sukhasiddhi, these teachings are offered in the Shangpa program.
We invite you to join this unique opportunity to study Tibetan Buddhism in depth.